Rates and FAQ
Therapy Fees and Policies Newport Beach
What are the different Fees for Therapy sessions?
- $200 or $225 for the initial evaluation. A 60 minute or 80 minute session is held where we will complete an assessment together and gather information about the presenting problems and goals for treatment
- $175 per session: After the initial session, 60 minute Individual
- $185 per session: for ongoing 60 minute Family or Couples therapy sessions
What Type of Payment do you Accept?
- We accept all major credit cards and securely store information in our EHR system
Do you Take Insurance?
- Tonya Torres is a contracted Provider for
- Cigna Behavioral Health Network
- For clients that wish to use insurance please have your insurance card handy during your free consultation by phone. Our provider will ask you for your Member ID and DOB at this time to verify eligibility and coverage.
- To help make therapy accessible, we work with most PPO insurance plans on an “out-of-network” basis. This means that the client would pay for services directly when the service is rendered and we would provide a super bill to submit to your insurance company to receive a reimbursement check for a percentage of your out of pocket costs.
- Mind Garden Counseling Collective has begun to accept some in-network insurance. However, we find there are many benefits to not using or involving insurance companies. First, there is a greater level of privacy and control over your treatment when insurance is not used. Moreover, when therapy sessions are billed through insurance they require detailed documentation about your mental health and we are forced to make a diagnosis. Often insurance will only cover a set amount of session depending on the diagnosis/coverage and determination is not the individuals presentation. Insurance often restrict the type of therapeutic techniques that can be used during treatment reducing the ability to make treatment individualized to each person.
What is the best and fastest way to contact Mind Garden Counseling?
- If you have an inquiry about becoming a new patient, questions about therapeutic fit, or anything else counseling related please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response times.
- We try to respond via email within 48 hours. Phone calls can take much longer for a response.
What are the steps to figuring out if Mind Garden is a good fit?
- If we are accepting new clients, we offer a free 15 minute phone consultation. During this consult we will learn a little bit more about what is bringing you or your loved one in for counseling at this time. We will discuss the presenting problem and hopes for treatment. Through this conversation we will determine if it feels like a good fit for all parties.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- If for any reason you are unable to attend your scheduled session, please make sure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time. You can call, email, or text us to cancel your appointment. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the missed session.